Sunday, May 22, 2011

Budapesht, Hungary

Currently sitting in the Globe cafe in Prague. I just returned from Berlin and Amsterdam so I will do my best to recount my trip. So much to do, so little time!

Budapest, Hungary was an interesting and quite awesome place. I didn't get as much a feel for the city as the other trips, but nonetheless i am so happy (and blessed) that I got to visit such a unique place.
I went to Diplo the night before, slept the whole 7 hour train ride and woke up refreshed to take on this beautiful city.

We stayed at the colorful and eclectic Casa De La Musica hostel, which was also a dance studio. Cool place. Our trip itinerary included the Buda Castle, Mattias Church, Great Market Hall, Hungarian Parliament (zomg amazing!!), St. Stephens Basilicia, Central European University, House of Terror Museum, Dohany Street Synogogue, and of course the Turkish Baths!!!!

Big trip!

Highlights- 
*I loved taking pictures at the market, seeing the trinkets, walking around, eating the food...


*The Hungarian Parliament was one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever been in. Right now Hungary is going through some political turmoil with their constitution. They are trying to limit rights we take for granted, like women rights and um free speech.... So it was cool to go to the heart of where their issues are coming from. 






*Hummus Bar- if you are ever in Budapest, go there. Unreal falafel, delicious Hummus...and trust me I've had falafel in every country i have been to thus far (who would have thought it was such a big thing in Europe) and this was hands down DROOL WORTHY!!! WHEN WILL I GET TO HAVE IT AGAIN I DONT KNOW!!!




*The adventure the the grassy knoll. Spent a lovely afternoon laying on this grassy knoll with the team, just enjoying the beautiful weather, drinking an americano, listening to music. simple, blissful heaven.

BEST TRAVEL BOOK EVER, STEERED ME RIGHT EVERY TIME




*I will also say the nightlife was one of my favorite parts. Went to this bar that was partly outdoors, very funky. Smoked hookah with Australians. Went to this awesome club...had a great time out with our CHID Prague crew. LOVE THIS GROUP JUST IN GENERAL. The last night we went to this street party, and had the time of my life, especially the part when the rowdy rugby champs hoisted me onto their shoulders for a good portion of the night. 



Our Hostel, Casa De La Musica


No comments:

Post a Comment