Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Poor but Sexy Berlin

The final CHID Prague 2011 Program field trip...in BERLIN!
Well, point blank, I love this place. The city itself is so pretty, lots of canals, modern architecture and as our bike tour guide said, Berlin is poor but sexy...and this, I dig.

So much history in this city, and now since getting the shit bombed out of them during WWII, followed by communism and the fall of Berlin Wall... this city has really got something going for it in my opinion (and it many others I can only assume). I was surprised by my feelings about Berlin, part of me was impressed, fell in love with the culture etc...I thought I would feel a little more uncomfortable being in the heart of the once Nazi Germany...but surprisingly, I feel like Berlin was the most acknowledging of their past and most eager and proactive about remembering while still moving forward.

Since there is so much I want to show from this trip, I am going to do it in little pieces. But for now, this was just the overview of how I felt about the experience in Germany...

Great boat dinner tour through the canals of Berlin. Here's Hannah and I getting some fresh air outside and seeing the sights.

Fat Tire Bike Rental...My future employer. Great tour of the city of Berlin including an amazing lunch at a beergarden near the Spanish Embassy. Though it wasn't the nicest day, it was definitely a highlight of my trip.

Top of German Parliament. SO pretty, gorgeous weather that day too.

I liked Berliner Kindl beer the best :)


Just walking through Berlin...loving everything I see.


How long IS now?

Sunrise tram ride home with the gang after Watergate. Magical night to say the least.

Sunrise in Berlin <3. Take me back.

Jewish Museum- Holocaust Exhibit. We went here on the last day of our trip. It had a holocaust memorial aspect, but also focused more on Jewish culture and history, which was really interesting. I did spend time in the Holocaust exhibit though. Here these are metal representations of the faces of those who perished. One of the most eerie Holocaust exhibits I have experienced. Very powerful. The whole room was full of these metal faces and walking on them made an ominous clinking noise in a silent room. 






No comments:

Post a Comment